Membership Rates As Of September 5th, 2017
There will be no increase in membership rates for the next membership period noted below!
|September 4th, 2018 to August 31st, 2019:
Ordinary Membership $50.00
Associate Membership $50.00
Senior's Membership (over 65 yrs) $50.00
Affiliate Membership $50.00
Who Can Join?
You may be eligible for membership in a Canadian branch of The Royal Canadian Legion if you are a Canadian citizen or Commonwealth subject and are of federal voting age. You may be eligible for Non-Voting membership if you are a non-Canadian citizen or a non-Commonwealth subject from an Allied nation.
There are four membership categories, each with different qualifications. The criteria for each category are as follows:
Ordinary Membership - You may be eligible for Ordinary membership if you have served or are serving in:
- The Canadian Forces or Her Majesty's Forces (including regular force or reserve force under class "C" service); or
- the Forces or underground forces of any of Her Majesty's allies in any war, conflict or police action in which Canada was involved; or
- the Merchant Navy or non-military services in an actual theatre of war in which Canada was involved; or
- Her Majesty's reserve forces including Cadet Instructors on the Cadet Cadre for not less than one year; or
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police or The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary for not less than one year; or
- the Forces of a country while that country was a member of NATO or NORAD in alliance with Canada; or
- the Forces of the United States; or
- the Vietnam War with the Armed Forces of the United States, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea or South Vietnam, and were a Canadian citizen or Commonwealth subject at the time of service; or
- the Canadian Coast Guard as an officer or crew member who has two or more years active service on the high seas or inland waterways; or
- a city, municipal or provincial police force as a police officer for not less than one year.
Associate Membership - If you do not qualify for Ordinary membership you may be eligible for Associate membership if you:
- are the child, stepchild, adopted child, grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, widow/er, parent or spouse of someone who is or was eligible for Ordinary membership; or
- are the child of an Associate member; or
- have served in The Royal Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets for not less than 3 years; or
- have served as a cadet civilian instructor for not less than 3 years; or
- have served as an officer in the Navy League of Canada for not less than 2 years; or
- have served in the Polish Armed Forces after WW II below the rank of officer; or
- have served in a City, Municipal, Volunteer, Un-organized Territories or Federal Fire Service for not less than one year
- are the spouse, parent or sibling of an associate member who qualified subject to the above criteria.
Affiliate Voting Membership - If you do not qualify for Ordinary or Associate membership but support the aims and objects of The Royal Canadian Legion you may apply for Affiliate Voting membership.
Affiliate Non-Voting Membership - If you are a non-Canadian citizen or a non-Commonwealth subject from an Allied nation and support the aims and objects of The Royal Canadian Legion, you may apply for Affiliate Non-Voting membership. These members shall have the same rights as all other members except the rights to vote and hold office. A member admitted under this Section is not permitted to apply for voting status unless otherwise qualified.
Veteran Definition - A Veteran is any person who is serving or has honourably served in the Canadian Armed Forces, the Commonwealth or its wartime allies, or as a Regular Member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or as a Peace Officer in a Special Duty Area or on a Special Duty Operation, or who has served in the Merchant Navy or Ferry Command during wartime.
Membership Applications are available at the Devon Legion.